call-answer small-arrow search translate right-arrow padlock oval-watermark phone email locations term-dates whos-who newsletters class-pages child-at-school policies admissions curriculum link
School Logo

Viscount Beaumont's

C of E Primary School

All can participate; all can enjoy, all can achieve.

Our life together is shaped by the Fruit of the Spirit, which is: ‘…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.’ Galatians Chapter 5:22-23

Our History

The village of Cole Orton (known as Coleorton) is one of the most beautiful villages of Leicestershire. The old village lay on the north-western side of the parish, close to the old 13th century church. 

Viscount Beaumont's CE (Aided) Primary School was established and endowed by Viscount Beaumont in 1702, and was rebuilt by Canon Beaumont in 1867. Since then it has been extended and modernised but many of the original attractive features remain. Today the school is a co-education Primary Day School. 

Beyond Viscount Beaumont’s School is St John’s Chapel and on the opposite side of the road is the Fish Pond which in the past was well stocked with fish for Cole Orton Hall. 

Coleorton Hall was once owned by the Beaumont family, but more recently by the Coal Board and has now been made into residential homes.

For more information on the history of Coleorton and to be able to sign up to the Coleorton Newsletter (where you'll be able to read children's work each month), 
please click here
Top